readingdate

The Reading Date

Hello fellow book lovers! I'm Lucy and I blog about books, audiobooks and movies at The Reading Date. I'm testing the waters over here to see how it goes. What are you reading?

Sea Glass (Glass, Book 2)

Sea Glass - Maria V. Snyder Sea Glass is book 2 of the Glass trilogy by Maria V. Snyder. In this installment Opal is dealing with managing her new powers that were introduced in Storm Glass. She has grown up a lot in this book, and is asserting herself more and standing up for herself. I enjoyed this new feisty Opal. She learns some fighting moves so she is prepared for the inevitable attacks that occur so often to Opal. Many of the familiar favorite characters appear such as Leif, Kade, Janco, Yelena, etc. As well as introducing some new characters, such as Skippy. The way Opal regarded Skippy just struck me as funny throughout the book. Opal has a lot of adventures in this book, working for the Council, and again helping the Storm Dancers. At the same time she is preparing for graduation, and planning her next steps.Opal is now feared as word of her gift spreads. She is very wary when meeting new people and does not know who to trust. She spends a lot of time on her own, and I wished at times that she was a little more trusting. Although she certainly has reason to be wary!This book started a little slow for me, but as always I enjoyed the writing immensely and quickly became involved in the story. I'm excited to read [b:Spy Glass|7970273|Spy Glass (Glass, #3)|Maria V. Snyder|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51oWXpqPbLL._SL75_.jpg|6940101] in the Fall!