readingdate

The Reading Date

Hello fellow book lovers! I'm Lucy and I blog about books, audiobooks and movies at The Reading Date. I'm testing the waters over here to see how it goes. What are you reading?

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side - Beth Fantaskey This was a very amusing book for me to read while I was home with a cold. It's a cute funny story about a high school girl Jessica Packwood whose world is turned upside down when Lucius Vladescu shows up to say Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess and he is her vampire fiancee!Lucius moves in with the Packwoods and starts attending high school with Jessica. It is really funny to see Lucius adapt to life in Jessica's small town. The story is told by Jessica's perspective, but we also get a glimpse into Lucius' mind through hilarious and sarcastic status letters he writes to his uncle. He writes about his progress with convincing Jessica to go back with him to Romania, and about his boring classes, and the vegan food the Packwoods serve. As a vegan that was a treat to see a vegan family represented, however stereotypically. :)Lucius helps Jessica with her confidence, and body image issues, and also with dealing with her vampire heritage by giving her a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions. There are twists and turns along the way, and it kept me guessing on how the story was going to end. An enjoyable read all around! I look forward to reading more from this author.