readingdate

The Reading Date

Hello fellow book lovers! I'm Lucy and I blog about books, audiobooks and movies at The Reading Date. I'm testing the waters over here to see how it goes. What are you reading?

Hourglass (Evernight, #3)

Hourglass - Claudia Gray Hourglass is book 3 in the Evernight series. This was a very exciting, action packed installment. It takes place right after Stargazer left off. Lucas and Bianca have taken off with the vampire hunters Black Cross after their attack on Evernight academy. It has been awhile since I read Stargazer, but it was easy to pick the story back up. Bianca and Lucas get to explore their relationship more, now that they are on the run together. And Bianca learns to be a vampire hunter while trying to keep her secret.This is probably my favorite book in the series, there is a lot of action and jaw dropping moments in this book. We learn more about the secret Bianca's parents have been keeping from her. The story lines are well balanced, and we get to see some old familiar faces like Balthazar, Vic and Ranulf. And we also meet a new wraith character named Maxie. I was a little reminded of the BBC series Being Human while reading this book, all we need is for the werewolves to be introduced to the series. The parts that dragged on a little too long for me were the Black Cross training scenes. Otherwise, great pace and the book was a quick exciting read. I'm looking forward to seeing where this series is going next!